Monday, June 27, 2011

Mermaidia


As you might have guessed, I adore Mermaids, Sirens, Selkies, Naiads, Nixies, and water nymph. Pretty much all fantasy creatures that live in/near water. I guess I just see a kindred spririt in their kind. There's no other place I'd rather be than in the water.  My favourite place is the beach or any piece of land that meets any type of water source. I'm a pieces and I even have hour long showers and baths! I always feel better after my skin gets wet. Water is undeniably my element.

As a  kid I was in swim club, and had a leisure center pass. I spent countless hours in the water pretending I was a mermaid with my sister Brittany. I even got my sister as a mermaid tattooed on my ribs and back. It was just finished a little over a week ago. And every single second until I can go swimming again is being counted down. I'm planning my first swim with my finished mermaid to be at Diversity Festival on Texada Island. I don't know how, but the ocean water at their beaches is just warmer than anywhere else in BC. Texada also has this amazing rock quarry swimming hole with limestone making the perfect water lime green. I plan to spend a lot of time in there :) I can't WAIT! Until then.... more hour long showers and nightly oceany dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment