Thursday, March 8, 2012

Freedom!!



Midwife appointments having been going swimming the last couple of weeks. I had a little scare 6 weeks ago, and it was suggested I go on bed rest. But she did say I wasn't confined to my bed, just told to refrain from any strenuous activity, exercise, long walks, lifting, or travel. Basically just stay home and relax until further notice. As my tests have come back with good results I've been incorporating yoga and walking into my routine again  (all approved by midwife). I basically still have to "take it easy" and not bite off more than I can chew in regards to being busy and filling my days. I've definitely cut back a lot of responsibilities- no more working with babies, DJing late nights, doing the energy exchange program at Moksha yoga plus the multiple hot yoga classes a week, or volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Wow, I really was incredibly busy all the time now that I look back. I guess I just like to fill my time up to the brim and live every day to the fullest. I'm still trying to live life to the fullest I can't just turn that off, but just at a much more casual speed. It's really nice to be able to slow down and take each day as it comes and do whatever I'm feeling up for each day. I was so used to just powering through and accepting feeling crappy in the beginning of the pregnancy. I just didn't want to let anybody down. But I ultimately did; sometimes trying to juggles too many things will lead to you dropping the ball on at least one of them. Which of course stresses out the people pleaser in me making me feel even worse. I think leaving work early was the best decision I ever made, even if it was unpaid. I was too overwhelmed and anxious all the time and dreading the tasks of each day- not good for baby. Now I can get all the sleep I need too, and just concentrate on being the best baby incubator I can be. I can't say enough how blessed I feel. It's made such a difference to my health. And now the coast is clear I get to take the baby bump back out into the world! With yoga, heaps of sleep, nutritious food, time with friends, and the arrival of spring I feel renewed, inspired and empowered. I have never been more mentally and physically ready to have this baby. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment